Monday, December 26, 2005

Sand!





For the U23's today, we raced in Hofstede. It was the same course as the World Cup for the Elites. We had a super early start time of 10:30. Even the Juniors started after us! The weather was fairly good, partly sunny with just a little bit of rain. The course was fast except for the huge sand pit (beach) we had to run through. It was super tough. With a second row call-up, I thought I would have had a good chance. Not the case. Some crazy euro almost took me out and I got thrown to the back of the pack. Jesse Anthony got the hole shot, with Troy Wells on his wheel. It was sweet. After people crashing all over the place, I was back even further. After struggling at the back and not having it mentally, I decided to pull the plug after about 25 min. Oh well, can't be going 100% every day. I'm bound to have a good race one of these days. Troy ended up really good, 13th place against a strong field. He was struggling in the sand though. The other U23's did alright.

Results for the race can be found here - http://www.cyclingnews.com/cross.php?id=cross/2005/dec05/worldcup7_05

The juniors woke up at 11, they had to get their beauty sleep I guess. Then they went on a 1 hour ride to Roeselare, about 10km away. Here are some pictures of their beautiful sightseeing.

Talk to you tomorrow,
Brady

No comments:


TEAM CLIF BAR is working to fight climate change