Sunday, September 26, 2010

Vegas Baby



















Cross Vegas was awesome. Got off to a tough start because there was no PA system at the start. I missed the two minutes to go and was just kinda chilling when the gun went off. Managed to hit the dude in front of me and almost take out Pacho behind me. Got into the swing of things and made it to a group with good friends Travis Livermon and Braden Kapius. I was sitting in the group pretty comfortably for several laps when i looked back and saw a group with Carl Decker and Barry Wicks closing the gap to us. They caught us with about 4 laps to go. The last three laps were extremely hard and really surprised myself with the matches that i had left in the tank, guess I still have some good fitness from MTB season . I got shot off the back with one to go from the group that would contain 18th through 27th place. Still 28th was pretty good considering the strength and size of the field there.

Unfortunately my buddy Travis crashed into a gate in the finishing straight and broke his collar bone. Hopefully it is quick healing one and he will be back form some late season action.

Now i have the annual Colorado College Aspen Bike Trip to look forward to starting on Wednesday. A good friend and myself are leading it so it should be pretty fun. Then it is back to the training plan and a trip to 3 UCI races in Cincinnati Ohio on October 8th.

Cheers and make sure to ride your bike
Mitch Hoke

No comments:


TEAM CLIF BAR is working to fight climate change