Monday, October 12, 2009

USA Cycling MTB Camp

Report from Zane Godby:
On October 8-12 I was invited to the USA Cycling Talent ID mountain bike camp. It was down in Colorado Springs, so I thought it would be a really good experience, a fun time, and at the time I didn’t know it but it was actually pretty informational. I learned all about training, nutrition, USADA (USA Doping Agency), and we also did a field test to get our numbers (watts, watts per kilo, VAM-vertical ascended meter). I arrived there on Thursday, and we did a soft pedal that afternoon. The temperature wasn’t too bad but it was a little chilly. On Friday we did the field test, and it was around 20-25 degrees at 7:00 A.M. Everyone was all bundled up, and I was in all of my Pearl Izumi clothes looking good and feeling warm. It barley got above 30 degrees that day, so we did not go out and do a second ride that afternoon. On Saturday and Sunday it was foggy and sleeting, and there was black ice all over the place so we did not ride either day. I was bummed about that but both the roadies and the mountain bikes got to go to the gym and play some dodge ball. So we got to know all the different guys there. One of the kids was from Florida, and he didn’t own any pants, and it was pretty funny watching him in the cold. Then on Monday our last day we finally got to ride. We went to Palmer Lake. It is a ton of really fun and flowing but technical ripping singletrack. This camp was very fun and I feel very honored to have been part of it.

No comments:


TEAM CLIF BAR is working to fight climate change