Monday, October 12, 2009

A COLD one!!

Well this past Saturday was the second race in the Boulder CX series. I was looking forward to this race because it was the first race of the season that we had some cross like conditions. It was a little different from the hot, dry dusty races that we have had all season so far.

The field was a big and strong with a lot of talent showing up. I knew the start would be critical with the first set of barriers not too far after the start along with a sand pit we passed threw twice in a matter of seconds. Though I didn't get a good start I was still sitting in the top 20 after the sand pit, which meant I had a lot of work to do. This course had a lot of tight corners, and since it snowed the previous day it made some of them pretty slick.

Though I never did come close to the front group I still had a good race to practice my technique in these conditions, considering this was the first time this year I got a chance. As the race went on my cornering skills got a lot better. Though my result didn't show the improvement I still had a fun race.

Now Kevin and I are heading off to Truckee, CA in the morning for Collegiate MTB nationals this week. So this means we wont be doing a cross race for a couple weeks. Though I cant wait till we get back because then its full on cross season.

No comments:


TEAM CLIF BAR is working to fight climate change