Monday, October 06, 2008

Clif Representation






Saturday October 4 was the first real display of the CLIF Team’s power. Like any ACA race there was an open field at the Frisco CX. I, as a young rider looking for a great way to develop, signed up for this category to get the experience of racing world class racers. But the best part was that not only did I represent the team but so did many others. First off the CC boys were up-Mitch Hoke and Colin Cares who represented fashionably well. Also Alex Howes made the jump as well as the twins Kevin and Conor Mullervy. The day was a bit cold, actually after having raced in the mid 80’s all summer 50 degrees and rainy felt like Belgium in January. None-the-less it really set off a good cross vibe. I set off on my warm-up as did the rest of the team, where we all got back together to the start. Jon Baker, Matt Potocha, and many other fast guys were in the race. The official sent us off! I started very well and I was surprised that the pace wasn’t too fast. The lap consisted of a long paved hill then this sketchy descent, and then though a grass field to another bumpy section, then on to a “screaming” run-up. Screaming because there were people there screaming and your legs and lungs were screaming. Then my good buddy Mitch got on my wheel then attacked. This guy was freekin’ FLYING!!! Soon after that the big guy Colin Cares came up and blew by me. At this point my race was dead, but Mitch and Colin really lit it up. They ended up in 3rd and 4th respectfully. Right behind two really fast guys Jon and Matt. I wouldn’t want to be U23 this year racing these guys. Danny and Brady, watch your back. I ended mid pack with Kevin right behind. Somewhere along the way Conor had some trouble as well as Alex, whose seat fell off. hmmm. Anyway, this weekend was an awesome representation of our team. Next weekend in Boulder will be even better as our team prepares more and more to represent around the country at the Grand Prix’s.

No comments:


TEAM CLIF BAR is working to fight climate change