Monday, October 16, 2006

Peter Stetina & Stu Gillespie from the Rocky Mountain Sustainable Living Fair

Last weekend I attended the Sustainable Living Fair in Fort Collins, CO. I
could only begin to get a feel for what was going on because I had to zipp
off to a race that afternoon. What I did see, however, I liked.
Located in the backyard of cycling and enviro-friendly sponsor New Belgium
Brewing Co., the fair had everything. Live music, lots of promo tents and
tons of free swag! There were also lectures on how to build houses
according to more efficient design patterns and about healthier living in
general and much more. We visited tons of companies and made good small
talk. Everything there was compostable (aka water cups made from corn!) and
natural. I decided to support the local farmers and bought some honeysticks
in a variety of flavors. I truely believe this is a very progressive event
in addressing the issue of enviornmental sustainability; they were able to
keep it fun and informative at the same time!
-Pete

No comments:


TEAM CLIF BAR is working to fight climate change