Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Interlocken

Let's just say it was about 8:45 in the morning and it was a good 60 degrees out. Perfect race weather. The course was mostly all grass, had a mud bog section and a sand pit surrounded with two barriers. The perfect 'cross course. I was all bundled up in my under shirt and my long-sleeve skinsuit. I had already pre-ridden the course various amounts of times and was ready to race.

"READY, SET, GO!", the official starting man said. I shot off the line and was in first position. Then a pretty fast 15 year old came by me. I clung on to his wheel like a magnet. It was us two for a while when another kid joined our group, but not for long. We got to the mud bog on the second lap and me and the other younger kid crashed. During the crash an amazing creature found its way on to my seatpost, a worm! Although, I didn't realize this until after the race. Anyway, the 15 year old got away so I was in second overall. It stayed that way throughout the rest of the race. I finished 2nd overall and first in my age group. And I managed to find a worm along the way! HA HA HA!

The rest of the day went really well. A lot of people were composting and recycling.

Yannick Eckmann took 2nd in Cat 4 to another German!
Andrew Barker won Cat 3!
And Robin and Cody did really well too along with Brady who is a bunny hopping beast.

High fives all around!

The pictures of the worm is Coming Soon!

No comments:


TEAM CLIF BAR is working to fight climate change