Friday, November 24, 2006

Thanksgiving dinner and BND

Since my wife and I don't eat turkey, for Thanksgiving dinner we had a couple friends over and prepared some broccoli risotto, among other things. We got the recipe from a cookbook we've had for several years, the White Dog Cafe cookbook.

Back when we lived in central NJ, we enjoyed going to the White Dog Cafe in downtown Philadelphia, just across the river from us. I hadn't thought of the White Dog since we moved out to NM, since Santa Fe has one or two decent restaurants of it's own, but I started to recall the White Dog's commitment to social activism, community building, local farmers and products, and sustainable food in general.

Great food, and it reminded me how thankful I am to be a part of a team that combines the sport I love with some of the issues that are important to me.

Happy buy nothing day!

-JBV

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A great restaurant of similar ilk - The Angry Trout Cafe.

http://www.angrytroutcafe.com/

local produce, wind power, tasty fish, and a fine chicken soup recipe we just made again for the 100th time since we brought the cookbook home with us from MN.


TEAM CLIF BAR is working to fight climate change