Thursday, November 29, 2007

Robin Eckmann race report: 11/25 Red Rocks CX

At Sunday's race it was the first time in a while where I was again able to relax before the start. My goal at the race was actually just to watch my pedal frequency and be relaxed on my bike, and to look back and say this race really helped me prepare for the next USGP and Nationals.

I was not even planning to try for the win, I was just thinking to myself that I want to be in the first ten, then I need to make the first selection of the race because it was really windy at the beginning. After two laps about 10-15min into the race, three of our team were in the lead group (Andrew, Kevin, and me) and there was no other team in the front group. We were tying to figure out how the Belgians sometimes do it at Worlds with many in the front group, and we decided to try to ride like the team time trial guys in the Tour de France.

After four laps, Andrew had some bike problems so we were down to two left but then with two laps to go Conor was trying to make the move up. When Conor made it up to the group then I made the last move and I won. I was really happy because that was my first cat.3 win in cyclocross.

No comments:


TEAM CLIF BAR is working to fight climate change