Monday, October 11, 2010

Boulder CX Series #1 and #2!!


My cyclocross season just started two or so weeks ago and I am totally psyched to be racing 'cross again! This will be my 4th season on the CLIF BAR Development Cyclocross Team and I am totally stoked! My first race was the Boulder CX Series Race #1 in the Senior Men's 3's at Xlinx down in Longmont, CO! I was feeling really good and was ready to fly off the start line (especially after having an epic crash in my warm up)!! At the start I was in the first row but didn't go to crazy in the begining and was sitting in about 10th place going into a sand pit about halfway through the first lap. I rode through the sand pit as hard as I could and passed about 3-4 racers in each direction! At the end of the first lap I was in 3rd! On the second lap, I really started to get into my groove and passed the second place rider (Michael Dessau) and stayed in second for another lap or so. Shortly there after, I got passed and was riding hard to keep my 3rd place for the rest of the race! I was very pleased with this result given it was my first SM 3's race of the season!

Two weeks later, I did the second race of the series at Interlocken Loop in Superior, CO! The course today was a very hard course!! The mud was not super wet, but really sticky making the course feel like you were riding on velcro. I got off to a good start in the SM 3's but I wasn't having a great day so I started to fade about halfway through the race. I ended up in 15th on the day which I wasn't exactly pleased about but it wasn't terrible either. Huge shout out to ex-CLIF BAR Team Member Yannick Eckmann winning the Pro-1-2 field today!! Really looking forward to the Aspen Lodge CX Race next weekend!!

Thats all for now!
Zack

(Photo Credit to Dejan Smaic)

No comments:


TEAM CLIF BAR is working to fight climate change